The Motorcycle Academy Forums

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELLO!!! Gotta shout I'm miles away!!!

5 posters

Go down

HELLO!!! Gotta shout I'm miles away!!! Empty HELLO!!! Gotta shout I'm miles away!!!

Post  ZX10R_Richie Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:51 am

Hi Everyone!!
The obligatory Intro post!!

Richie's the name and still only a young 21 years of age!! Occasionally known as "Tosser" or "Knobber" lol, gotta love the humour of those Academy Instructors don't you?? Oh!! and Rick too!!!
I returned to biking and passed my DAS around 2 years ago, after struggling with the instruction that was given by the Academy!!! lol Waiting for the come-back Darren!!!
Seems I had to show him a thing or two about STUNTING on an attempt at the Emergency Stop!! That was never a 20ft Darkie, maybe 22 -23!! lol............ I'm sure you told me to give it tons of back brake only and forget scrubbing off speed with the front ??? lol

Been into Kwacks all my life so I jumped straight onto a ZXR750, to re-live a 16 yr old dream! She would still be ridden now! But some female decided she looked better lying on her side in a German petrol station!!! Wing mirrors!! Great when used for reversing!!! So the only logical answer was to buy the 10, cracking bike!!!!

My passion is BSB and made it to most rounds this season. But after moving back to Germany, I guess I won't be making any more this year!! Hope to see most of you at the Thruxton round next year!!

Looking forward to chatting with you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Richie
ZX10R_Richie
ZX10R_Richie

Back to top Go down

HELLO!!! Gotta shout I'm miles away!!! Empty Re: HELLO!!! Gotta shout I'm miles away!!!

Post  dazman Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Richie Rich - welcome aboard buddy really pleased you could join us.
Will look forward to chatting to you & keeping you up to date with the goings on of the Academy & crew.........
Now about that emergency stop!! Laughing Laughing
dazman
dazman

Back to top Go down

HELLO!!! Gotta shout I'm miles away!!! Empty Re: HELLO!!! Gotta shout I'm miles away!!!

Post  Rickster Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:55 am

Hi mate how's home life Surprised
Rickster
Rickster

Back to top Go down

Post  ZX10R_Richie Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:46 am

Hi!!!
Thanks for the warm welcome!! It's nice to be back in touch, it already seems like I've been away years!!
Dazman cut me some slack with that darkie!! Not like it was my fault or anything....... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Everything is fine, from family to work and I'm enjoying civilian life already!!

Richie
ZX10R_Richie
ZX10R_Richie

Back to top Go down

Post  Blicky Busa Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi Richie and welcome to the forums!
Blicky Busa
Blicky Busa
Admin

https://themotorcycleacademy.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  BUZZ Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:52 am

Hiya Rich good to see you on here mate, nice to be able to keep in touch even tho you far away! Keep safe on those German roads and have lots of fun riding them xx
BUZZ
BUZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  dazman Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:24 pm

My German friend from across the pond.......I feel we need to put this to bed.
Usually when a student black lines an emergency stop I have been known to ridicule them a tad by saying "that'll be a new rear tyre then",but you my friend kept the said 'darky' going for so long that,not only was a new rear tyre required,but also a new wheel rim only stopping short of also requiring a replacement rear sproket!!!
3 words Richy - FRONT BRAKE ONLY...

It's all good buddy

Razz Razz
dazman
dazman

Back to top Go down

Post  ZX10R_Richie Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Dazman,
Mate those 3 words are NOW the only 3 words I have commited to memory!!!

WOULD YOU BELIEVE THE 10 IS SO MUCH MORE CONTROLLABLE AND THE REAR TYRE LAST SO MUCH LONGER!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

OK I'm busted!!! Truth be known it was a long day and I monged the Emergency Stop!!!
Cool though, right up until you said "Trip to the Tyre shop on your credit card if you try another!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Is it still there Question Question Question lol
ZX10R_Richie
ZX10R_Richie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum