The Motorcycle Academy Forums

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from me

+3
dazman
PrivateCowboy
ghss
7 posters

Go down

Hello from me Empty Hello from me

Post  ghss Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:40 am

Hi Guys,

My name is Simon Scott and it’s good to see the website is really coming along, well done. I passed my test (2nd time, bloody indicators) with Darren a couple of years ago and have been riding ever since. I’ve currently got a 02 CBR600F, perfect big bike to learn to ride on, however it is up for sale now in order to get something else……not sure what yet…..looking at a street triple but we’ll see. Take care and ride safe.
ghss
ghss

Back to top Go down

Hello from me Empty Re: Hello from me

Post  PrivateCowboy Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:43 am

Dont worry about it I failed part 1 by dropping the bike on the figure of 8 ... apparently thats a fail!

Theres a bikes for sale section add it there with piccies :-)

I passed a few months ago and bought a 1200 Bandit straight away and I haven't regretted it Very Happy

PrivateCowboy

Back to top Go down

Post  ghss Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:46 am

Good idea, will do but I do have a scam tale to tell first which I will add shortly
ghss
ghss

Back to top Go down

Post  dazman Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:52 am

Great to see 2 new names on the forum - ghss & private cowboy.
Pleased to welcome you in guys........ Laughing Laughing
dazman
dazman

Back to top Go down

Hello from me Empty VR..."welcomes you to the madness!"

Post  Valentino Rocky Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Hey to both of you

As I was told on introduction..."welcome to the madness!"

I am now currently in the process of looking for a bike - and bugging Darren for his advice in the process!

Haven't been on a bike since passing with Darren a year ago - i know, bad news but think it's about time i got my @#!? together.

Any tips are welcome

Cheers

Valentino Rocky

Back to top Go down

Post  PrivateCowboy Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:58 am

Bikes are a personal thing, I tried a few and decided on the Bandit because it was quick, fun to ride and I could sit on it for hours with out hurting, had a SV650 for a month and 40 minutes in my bike and wrists were killing me!
Best bet is to go out and play :-)

Being a total noobie for buying bikes I did get stitched up a little, 2 months after buying the bike I needed 2 new tires, new chain and new sprockets so if you dont know what your looking for take someone with you that does!

PrivateCowboy

Back to top Go down

Post  ghss Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:44 am

Know that feeling....You need to take somebody with you, I didn't even know what squared off tyres even meant before I bought my bike, and yes I got done for new chain and sprockets too, hopefully I'm a little bit wiser now, even though I did buy the bike from Doble's, I thought I would be kind of safe. Never mind we live and learn.

Luckily the bike was just what I needed, comfy, quick enough to stay out of trouble, a great introduction to actually learning to ride a bike and can eat miles up only having a forced rest when you need fuel.
ghss
ghss

Back to top Go down

Post  PrivateCowboy Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:55 am

Haha, my tires were so square when I bought the bike I didn't need a side stand!

PrivateCowboy

Back to top Go down

Post  ghss Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:13 am

Brilliant...
ghss
ghss

Back to top Go down

Post  Rickster Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:20 am

Just thought i would say hi to all the new comer's ive been abit of a stranger been away anyway welcome (O yes goodrigde hose's on today) Very Happy Very Happy
Rickster
Rickster

Back to top Go down

Post  ZX10R_Richie Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:22 pm

Welcome to the forum !!

If I could offer my tu'pence??? Your bike as has been said is your choice....

Ignore everything everyone has said, until you have decided on the type of bike you want to ride!! i.e "Sports Bike make your back and wrists ache" I ride over 600 miles regularly on my ZX10R and locking my knees in to the tank and this has never caused me a problem!!! Love her!!!!!!!!!!

So select the type of bike you want to ride!!! Sports,Tourer,MX,Chopper or whatever!!!

Next choice is Brand new or 2nd hand?? Your call.....Brand new then there aren't any problems! Second hand is where I would suggest someone like Dazman, or another bike friendly mate accompanies you to give it a once over. Check service history and look over the whole bike. Check out the price against the internet prices on Ebay and others to ensure you are paying the odds!! The point I am making here is take someone along who knows bikes and won't let you get caught out!!!

You're no stranger Rick!!! Strange yes!! But no stranger..........well more than normal!!!!! lol How's the D&M Instructors going??
ZX10R_Richie
ZX10R_Richie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rickster Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:27 am

We are all strange that ride R1's ,you have to be to ride that sort of power Very Happy
Passed the course mate thanks B grade schools recommend very happy
Rickster
Rickster

Back to top Go down

Post  ZX10R_Richie Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:41 pm

Rick,
Excellent mate Congratulations on a job well done!!! B Schools!!!, when you planning on going back to teach!! Or should I say "When does the Missus want you to go back to Bovy"??? lol

By the way!!! What power are you on about Dude???? Everyone knows the R1 is a scooter!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Are you going with Dazman to the "Motorcycle and Yamaha Show" (you'll get it when you see the ad)!!! lol

ghss............
What I failed to mention was get out and try your choice of bike out, until you are sure its what you want!! Then carry on with the brand new/second hand suggestion!!!
ZX10R_Richie
ZX10R_Richie

Back to top Go down

Post  ZX10R_Richie Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:42 pm

Private Cowboy,
I apologise, that wasn't a personal slight on you!! Unfortunately a usual comment made by riders who think a Sports Bike causes lower back and/or wrist ache!!
I could have quoted "Riding a Harley makes you look gay" or "Riding a Yamaha means you want to take the next step to a real bike"!!!!
Please accept my apology!! Dazman - get a real bike - they come in Green and aren't any good for CBT!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ZX10R_Richie
ZX10R_Richie

Back to top Go down

Post  dazman Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:44 am

Richie.

Motorcycle & Yamaha show...........Tx*^er Laughing Laughing

Mate I've spent my riding career riding real bikes - The greatness that Is the Yamaha - Don't get no more real than that brother!
If customers ask my advice about the correct choice of bike I do of course always mention & indeed recommend Kawasaki if once I've asked - what do they intend to do with the bike - they say - Just to get from A2B nice & steadily - something that attracts less attention than their Nan's pull along shopping trolley yet not as quick off the line & something with no thrills that's also not going to catch the eye of the local m'cycle thief as they have no garage to lock it away & live in the bronx.
Mate when I get this remit I'm always happy to step up & be an ambassador for the Kwak.

Will get some pictures of our Yamaha Superstar on soon.

Now!!! Motorcycle & Yamaha show...........Tx*^er Razz Razz

Keep it shiny side up mate.

Over & Out.....
dazman
dazman

Back to top Go down

Post  BUZZ Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:39 am

LOL long time no speak but its nice to see the madness still carries on even if it does confuse all the new guys!!!!!!!!!! Welcome one and all to the biking fraternity, ride safe but keep it fun even if we cant get out on bikes yet coz of crappy horrible weather Crying or Very sad bring on the spring Very Happy xx
BUZZ
BUZZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum